K-ETA Blog

K-ETA Blog

[K-ETA] Frequently asked questions about K-ETA


When do I need to apply for the K-ETA?

You should apply for the K-ETA prior to boarding the flight or ship bound for the Republic of Korea.

Assessment takes normally 72 hours.

However, it can take more than 72 hours due to an unexpected increase of applications, the circumstances of the applicants etc.

In what cases do I need to re-apply for the K-ETA during the validity period?

You are required to apply for new K-ETA if there is any change to your information such as nationality, name, sex, date of birth, passport number, passport expiration date,

infectious disease or criminal record even though the approved K-ETA is still valid.

How long is the validity period of a K-ETA?

The validity period of a K-ETA is 2 years from the date of approval.

However, if the passport used for the K-ETA application expires in

less than 2 years , that K-ETA approval will be valid until the passport expiration date.

How much is the K-ETA fee?

The K-ETA application fee is $39 for general application and $49 for emergency application in Korean currency.

Is it mandatory to get a K-ETA when visiting Korea?

Yes, it is.

If a national of a K-ETA required country does not have a K-ETA,

he or she will not be allowed to board the flight or ship bound for the Republic of Korea.

Can I fill out the K-ETA application in any language?

No. Only English is available for filling out the K-ETA application.

The questions on the application form is available in 9 languages

.(Korean, English ,Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Thai)

I am travelling with a friend, can we apply for K-ETA together?


One applicant can apply for up to 30 people, such as family members, and can proceed with the K-ETA payment as well.

The K-ETA results for each person will be sent to the applicant’s e-mail.

Each applicant can also check the K-ETA approval status

with the application number and passport number on the K-ETA official website.

If I plan to stay at various places, how do I fill out the address?

If you plan to stay at various locations, please enter the address of main location where you will be staying during the visit.

If the address is changed after you obtained the K-ETA approval, please update it to us.

Please be advised that there may be disadvantages if you do not update your address.

I am a national from a country where visa-free entry has been suspended, but if I depart from (or resides in) a visa-free entry country, can I apply for K-ETA?

The eligibility of the K-ETA application depends on the nationality stated on the bio page of the passport,

not on the country of residence or departure.

Therefore, if you are a national of a country where visa-free entry has been suspended, you cannot apply for K-ETA.

I have a question about K-ETA .

Where can I ask ?

Click the link below ask you question about K-ETA

Don't hesitate to reach us ! :)


contact us : https://ketakor.com/support-ticket.php

​K-ETA Apply : https://ketakor.com/