K-ETA Blog

K-ETA Blog

[K-ETA] most relevant FAQs (2)

Korea Electronic Travel Authorization

Q6. How much is the K-ETA fee?

The K-TA application fee is KRW 10,000 per person (additional charges excluded) that can be paid using a global online payment enabled international credit or debit card (e.g. VISA, Master Card, JCB, AMEX).

Application fees are non-refundable once payment has been made, regardless of your application being approved or rejected.


Q7. I’m a citizen of country which has had its visa- free entry suspended, but I reside in a country/region where it is available. Can I apply for K-ETA?

K-ETA eligibility is based on the nationality of an applicant’s passport, not the place of departure or residence, or possession of visas from other nations (including permanent residency).

As such, those holding a passport from a country that has had its visa-free entry status suspended, you must obtain a visa to enter Korea.


Q8. When I select my nationality, it says “Selected country/region is not eligible or has been temporarily suspended for K-ETA”. What should I do?

Nationals of visa-waiver countries/regions (B-1) and designated visa-free entry countries/regions (B-2) are eligible for K-ETA (112 regions).

However, COVID-19 restrictions limit K-ETA eligibility to nationals of 50 countries/regions (refer to Q1). Those from suspended or ineligible regions must obtain a visa at the nearest ROK diplomatic mission.


Q9. Can I apply for K-ETA via private agency websites?

No, the official K-ETA website and its mobile application are the only official application channels operated by the Korean Government. However, you can hire a private lawyer or law firm to receive legal assistance when applying for your K-ETA.


Q10. How can I apply for K-ETA for ‘Priority Entry (Business) Persons’?

The domestic company must apply for K-ETA ‘Priority Entry (Business) Persons’ through the department in charge related to their business institutional industry on behalf of the foreign invitees.

After verifying the entry purpose, the department in charge sends an official letter to the Korean Ministry of Justice to review the validity of the K-ETA issuance.


Q11. I have both Korean and foreign nationality. Do I need to apply for K-ETA?

Those with South Korean citizenship must use their Korean passport to enter and leave the ROK, so they need not apply for K-ETA.


Q12. If I obtain K-ETA approval, am I exempted from quarantine? And where do I apply for quarantine exemption?

K-TA is irrelevant to quarantine exemptions.

For quarantine-related matters, contact the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency and for quarantine exemption, contact a ROK diplomatic mission under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (See our post anent this topic.)


Q13. Is it possible to extend the period of stay after entering Korea via K-ETA?

In principle, foreign nationals cannot stay in South Korea beyond the period granted upon entry. Long-term stays require an appropriate visa issued by a ROK diplomatic mission.

Those entering Korea visa-free via K-ETA can stay up to the visa-free sojourn period* granted to their country per visit.


Q14. Can I change the status of stay after entering Korea via K-ETA?

In principal, those wishing to enter Korea for profit-making activities, study, or work must obtain a visa suitable for such purposes at a ROK diplomatic mission (not K-ETA).

I have a question about K-ETA .

Where can I ask ?

Click the link below ask you question about K-ETA

Don't hesitate to reach us ! :)


contact us : https://ketakor.com/support-ticket.php

​K-ETA Apply : https://ketakor.com/