K-ETA Blog

K-ETA Blog

[K-ETA] New K-ETA requirements for travel to the Republic of Korea

Effective Sept. 1, 2021, all DoD Civilians, Contractors and Family Members/dependents, traveling to the Republic of Korea must have a valid visa or an approved Korea - Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) prior to entering the country, unless already in possession of a valid Korean visa.

Korea Electronic Travel Authorization

The entry requirements for Service Members on official travel (PCS, TDY, etc.) will remain the same, using the Common Access Card and travel orders.

New GS (general schedule) civilian hires and dependents listed on a service member’s PCS orders, who do not have an approved K-ETA exemption memorandum issued by the Korean government, must also comply with the requirement.

What is a K-ETA? The K-ETA is an electronic travel authorization that visa-free eligible foreign visitors need to obtain before entering Korea, by submitting an application with relevant information online.

You must apply for the K-ETA at least 24 hours prior to boarding a flight or ship bound for Korea. There is a 10,000 KRW (approximately $9-$10 USD) non-refundable fee that must be paid, even if the application is denied.

The K-ETA is valid for two years from the date of approval and allows you to travel to Korea, but does not guarantee entry. The final determination of entry will be made by the immigration official during the immigration process.

K-ETA application by proxy is available, meaning one person can apply for up to 30 people and make the total payment at once.

Apply Korea ETA right now !


I have a question about K-ETA .

Where can I ask ?

Click the link below ask you question about K-ETA

Don't hesitate to reach us ! :)

contact us : https://ketakor.com/support-ticket.php

​K-ETA Apply : https://ketakor.com/